Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Making Gifts again. . .


Somewhere between work, school, wiping boogers & butts I've managed to make a few gifty items for my lovely super hero son, Carter (who is officially potty trained! YAY!) and my niece & nephew (who are having a joint birthday party this Sunday).

I purchased the Transformers fabric about a month or so ago because Carter said "I weely, weely want it Mommy, you're the best mommy in the whole wide world." How could I not buy it, right? So we agreed that I would buy some & would make him a special super hero cape out of it when he stopped pooping in his pants. (I'm not above bribery.) That day has finally arrived & so I had to live up to the expectations set forth.. . .so I fashioned a couple of these out of the fabric & some black duck cloth I had laying around. I used velcro for the closure. It was so easy to make that I decided to make 2. One for Carter & one for my nephew. I'll have to take an action shot of the Cartman in his. For now, Batman is sporting this one. . .

My husband shared with me that in conversation with his sister, she mentioned that the 8 year old niece hinted "Auntie Jen made a really cool skirt for Ruthie (her American Girl doll) for Christmas & it would be really cool to have a baby doll blanket. . . ." I'm such a sucker! Of course I had to come up with a plan. While not really having "extra" time in my schedule for such craftiness. . .how could I resist? So I came up with this.. . it's very simple & quick to sew together. No binding. . .no quilting. Just piecing & sewing straight lines. Gotta love simple!


No comments: