Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Birdie Sling


I finally finished my Birdie Sling by Amy Butler. . . it's HUGE! I do love it though. You could fit a small human in this bag. I started it before Christmas. I found Clearance upholstery fabric at Hancock Fabric for the body of the bag. For the handle & band I had some scraps here that matched quite well. for the lining of the bag I used a clearance priced chair cover (one of those meant for kitchen type chairs - shiny & sturdy off white material) and for the inside pockets I used some scrap pieces of duck cloth in a tan shade. There is olive/sage green in this bag. . .the colors are not so great on the pic due to poor lighting. . . but I'm loving this bag! It wasn't too difficult.




1 comment:

Molly said...

I am so jealous. I have had the pattern to make that bag for over a year and haven't gotten around to it. Any tips?